Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanksgiving

We went to Ca for thanksgiving to visit with family because we have decided to do Christmas at home. It was a great trip starting with our flight in our plane... oh yeah, haven't posted about it yet but Jeremy has taken up another hobby.... He is learning to fly. the meridian joined our family a few months back.... i know I am awful at keeping this thing up to date! but it is a beautiful plane!

The only problem with the flight was that our kids thought that their headsets miraculously transformed them into Hannah Montana....

at first it was really sweet, but it got old really fast!!! Jt got to fly....
and he was so proud!
We stayed at the St Reggis, ( so beautiful!!!)
The kids loved the fountains,

and ran around searching for belle and the Beast after seeing this ceiling...

but Sam's favorite adventure had to be the safe. now you see me...

now you don't.

the night we got to Ca I met up with some of my greatest friends!!!

and Carrie and Allison brought their babies!!!!! Aw aren't they cute!!!

the next morning bright and early Michelle and Kevin came by and picked me up to run the turkey trot with them.
I registered for the 3K, but changed my mind thanks to some urging from Michelle, and ended up running the 10K instead. I thought i was going to die at the 3 mile mark when i realized i wasn't even halfway done....
but strangely enough after that it got better....
The rain made it soooo fun, it was soo funny to be dripping,(almost swimming) along the road with all these crazy people. It was awesome!!! I am going to do it every year! And how did i fair you are wondering??? Well i came in less than a minute behind Michelle, it took me just over an hour to complete it.... and i didn't walk once! So i think i did great;-) we were tired wet and cold after the race, but we were all proud!
We headed up to aunt Karen and Denis' house that afternoon....it is truly a beautiful place!
We had tons of family there... we played up in the loft with the Little kids for a while...
the boys found the Nerf toys right away.... and here are their victims.... some of us were lucky enough to have found a place to play outside the warzone.
We seemed to have used most of our energy before eating and eating! After our bellys were full we were all ready for quieter activities...
Jeremy serenaded Scott
the boys watched football
girls visited
and Ruth busted out her jewelry, and the ladies shopped.
all in all it was a great thanksgiving!

the fallowing day We went down to the beach...the kids refused to wear bathing suits but they should have...
Aunt Ali found the perfect tripod for her camera:)
It was a great day.
And a great trip!!! Miss you all, but will see you next month when we get to meet baby Evan!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

glad you had a fun trip to CA! how neat that Jeremy is learning to fly. does he have his pilot's lisence already? oh, and congrats on finishing that 10k race...how awesome!

The Trotter Family said...

What is on my boob? I love that there is some sort of white spot on it! Poor Kaylen all soaked. I bet she was miserable!

Chelle said...

That pic f Kaylen was heartbreaking! Poor wet girl! I had so much fun doing the turkey trot with you & I"m so glad you're going to come down again soon!!!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

It was so great to get to see you- I love the pic of you and the babies! We'll miss you at christmas, but expect full life updates :)

Cynthia said...

what a fun thanksgiving and I bet the kids were in heaven between being Hannah Montana and a pilot and searching for Belle in the castle- and that is all before having fun with the cousins!
Also, good job on the race!

Ali said...

SO so good to have you guys down for a visit...we can't wait to do it again soon!! Fun times to be had :) By the way, I am still so impressed with your running skills- I'm so glad you got to do that with Michelle...I hope I can join you both next year- I truly MISS it!

Russ and Debbie said...

fun! I love all of the photos! Your camera takes AWESOME shots! I absolutely loved the one of Kaylen all soaked-- you really captured the moment there... I'll have to go back and see what's on Rachels boob--funny!

Russ and Debbie said...

I think Rachel's pastie is showing through--- JUST KIDDING RACH.... Oh and I love sam fitting in the safe... cute!!!!! :)

Janelle said...

Awww, I am so late coming on here, but seeing your pics makes me miss you guys so much! I need to see you over the holidays - seriously, what's it been like a month? LOL

Carrie said...

What fun memories! Your kids are precious and you look great! Happy New Year to you all!!

Rheads said...

Seriously, that is the cutest picture of your kids on the bed, in their Christmas PJ's! I love it! I am so grateful for your friendship! It has been a TON of fun hanging out together! You are too cute and SO TALENTED!