Well what can i say about our little excursion?
it was off to Bloemfontein to hunt some lions, and tigers, and bears... oh my. Well, actually we didn't hunt any of those things
1.) because there are no tigers and bears there.
2.) no lions because....watch this video....
Nuff said.
here's what we did hunt... don't ask what all the animals are... i don't remember. We'll just say RIP all you carcasses coming to reside in the page manor... bahaha....So not happening! Their new home will be the airplane hanger where they won't scare the tar outta my chitlins, (And by my chittlins I mean me.).
So our trip to Africa was 10 days, we hiked up peaks and over ridges on average 5 miles a day sometimes while creeping behind the boys trying my hardest not to trip on my own feet and scare the hunted animals away,(the spheres for rocks, lining the floor was really helped with that...not), I would notice the majestic African landscape...
This, my friends, is my favorite picture....
Meet Tyrone...our PH, ( for those of you hunting novices, aka me. PH=Personal Hunter).
it was a really interesting trip... our guide oldsmokeapackaday was one funny guy guy... He told us a plethora of stories, and with his accent he reminded me of Crocodile Dundee...
So in a nutshell i went to Africa, hiked around with crocodile Dundee while my hubby went on a killing spree, and sometimes he just shot multiple times at things, (to scare them to death. a more humane kill... duh).

17 comments:
WOW! That sounds so amazing. I'm glad you didn't have any lion encounters like the one in the video.
Wow. Your Nick story totally trumps my Baywatch-guy (what is his name? I never even knew) encounter! You could be the next Jessica Simpson....eeewww, scary! jk. Jeremy didn't shoot any babies did he? That little deer next to the beaver looks like a baby. While you were gone I noticed Kaylen isn't much of a hunter...she seems more like you & me about fuzzy little creatures.
I love the Nick story. How funny that he was on your flight there and back....I think it was meant to be :) Look at all those animals! That's amazing. What a great place to visit.
who would have thought you would have become such the hunter? i love it.
what a great trip. i wanna go to africa!
I loved that post! You wrote exactly how you talk, so I was totally entertained. I can't believe you sat next to Nick Lachey. Woohoo! Where is it that you hunted? Blow my fountain? What an amazing trip!
Funny story!!
I love the view shots of Africa. Beautiful!
You are hilarious! ...and practically famous!
LOVE IT!
That was the most entertaining story to read. You crack me up. What a good trooper you are to do all that with your hubby; such a good wife.
You're too funny! I always thought Nick was a cutie when I watched "Newlyweds" back in the day.
JELOUSS!!!! ur married give the single ladies a chance!!! lol dang ur hubby, my uncle is obsessed oh-well.. i wonder wat that stuff taste lyk???
Nick is one of the better looking celebrities, I agree. :) That's crazy that he was on your flight to AND from!! You are a trooper to go on such a LONG hunting trip and stand next to all of those carcasses. those are the type of animals that you don't see in any kind of kid animal book and when your child comes upon them and asks, "What's that?" you have no idea what to say- crazy! Did any of them make crazy sounds? I am looking forward to browsing your museum one day. :)
ummmm....hi. africa? i'm srsly jealous. that's my dream!
and did you really sit by nick lachey on the plane. definitely cool. wow. was he as cute in person as he is in magazines and on tv? :)
by the way, I'm Britney. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog.
Wow Val! Sounds like an amazing trip!! You lucky gal!
What an awesome trip! And can I be the first to say... HOW DO YOU LOOK SO FREAKING GOOD IN ALL YOUR PICTURES AND YOU ARE ON A SAFARI???!!!??? You are ridiculous and look awesome trekking around the African desert... plus, you're nice. Why are we friends? Just teasing :) Glad you had a great time, and Nick totally was stalking you. He told me so when he called to wish me sweet dreams last night.
Wow! You are such a brave girl to go hunting. I would be either crying for the animal or screaming! I love the Nick story that is so cool!Can't wait to talk to you!
First, you're hilarious, I could totally hear you telling this story as I was reading it. Second, you're probably the only person I know who could actually sport hunting boots and still look cute. Love how you had the very fashionable braid down the side squatting next to your very proud husband and his freshly slaughtered carcass, classy but sassy! lol
What an adventure! How fun, you are a good sport going with Jeremy. So jealous of your encounter with Nick. I still wish he & Jessica were still together.
Post a Comment